Samhain or Halloween is a pagan festival that honours the cycle of death and rebirth. This death and rebirth energy is further amplified this year due to the Scorpio New Moon, which falls one day before Samhain.
Scorpio energy is all about death and rebirth. The death process is about going into the dark spaciousness within and accessing subconscious realms, intuition and spirits. With the knowledge acquired in the “death” process, you can then use it to rebirth yourself into a new, awakened you.
Going into the darkness is often associated with evil, but that is really not true. Going into the darkness represents going into hidden realms to understand more about the things that we can’t perceive with our five senses.
The energy of death and rebirth will be heightened on October 30th and October 31st, making it the perfect time for this guided journey ritual.
This ritual is going to help you shed the past and open to the opportunities of the future. It is also going to help you connect with the Divine realms and access guidance from Spirit.
Dried white sage or another smudging/cleansing tool
Paper and pen
Nuts/seeds/apple pieces or some type of edible food from nature (preferably seasonal)
Your favorite crystal
Tarot or divination deck (optional)
1. Find a quiet place where you can’t be disturbed. Arrange your tools for the ritual out in front of you. Start burning your sage and smudge your aura, repeating the mantra (or your own version of it)–
“I cleanse myself of the past, I cleanse myself of any attachments, I cleanse myself from any fears or blocks that hold me back. I cleanse myself so I am renewed.”
2. Once you have cleansed your aura, you can leave the sage burning in a safe place near you. Take 3-4 deep breaths to still and calm your mind. Once you feel settled, take your piece of paper and begin writing down all the things that you would like to release and let go of. Write down all the thoughts, feelings, emotions or attachments that you would like to “kill off”, such as fear, self-limiting beliefs etc.
3. Once you have your list, allow yourself to sit in the emotions that have been brought up for you. When ready, begin tearing the list into long strips of paper. As you rip each piece of paper, take deep breaths in and out.
4. Now hold your crystal, close your eyes and take a journey. If you want you can lie down and place your crystal on your heart chakra or third eye.
Imagine yourself falling deeper and deeper into the black spaciousness of your soul. Allow yourself to keep falling down, down, down. Once you are as deep as you can go, notice if any images or messages come to you. Notice how you are feeling, don’t react just observe.
In your minds eye, visualize a doorway. Open the door and begin walking through. Imagine a world where you are free of all the things that are holding you back. Imagine your life as you walk your highest path. What do you see? How do you feel? Allow your visualisation to take you deeper into the journey.
5. Once you have completed your visualisation, open your eyes. Take another piece of paper and write down any important messages or observations. If you have divination cards, you can also do a reading at this time.
6. Now, light the candle to represent the “rebirth”. Take a bite of the food and allow it to ground and earth you. Allow the food to bring you back down into your body.
7. Close your ritual by giving thanks. Recycle the paper that your ripped in shreds and keep the other piece of paper so you can read it whenever you need to.
Samhain and New Moon Blessings to you!